Tuesday 12 August 2014

Invincible





There have been times in my life when I have come across people who I honestly thought were invincible. People that seem so strong and so sure of themselves that it almost seems as if nothing can touch them. It may not necessarily be someone I've met in person - it could be someone who has written one of my favourite books or blogs, or perhaps someone who has been in more movies than I can count that I grew up watching.

People like Robin Williams.

I never imagined he wouldn't be around at any point in my lifetime. He was someone who was a secure and constant presence in my life. I thought he'd always be there. And although I never met him, he was always there. He was there when I laughed watching Flubber and Mrs Doubtfire, and he was there when I cried watching Aladdin. 

He always seemed so happy and full of joy. He lived a rather quiet life, I never would have guessed he was battling substance addiction or depression. And for me, that's the scariest thing thing. I'm not going to lie, I don't have a perfect life. I have severe depression too. As much as I try to fight it, it's always there. It's something that I believe I'll always have so I just have to get used to living with it. When someone like Robin Williams can't fight it off, how can I? 

His death has honestly shaken me to the core. He was such a genuinely beautiful soul and he will be sorely missed by millions of people. But the memory of him will live forever in the movies of my childhood, and I'll watch them over and over for years to come. Hopefully they'll give me the strength to get through the darkest times in my life as I get older, and the strength to hold others up in their times of need. If I can help even one person feel like they're not alone in my lifetime, that will be the thing that keeps me going. I want to help other people through the hard times and watch them soar in their best times when they come out the other side.

2 comments:

  1. I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :) have at it look on here: www.dancinontiptoes.blogspot.co.uk/
    Ana xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an amazing blog!

    ReplyDelete