Thursday 19 June 2014

Let's Catch Up




Hello!

So I've been in the UK for a month now. Wow. A whole month. I honestly can't believe it's been that long, the time has absolutely flown. I feel like I arrived only yesterday. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I'm still living out of my suitcases. Of course there is space in the house for me to put things, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it yet. I guess that's partly because I'm worried something will go horrifically wrong and I'll have to fly back to Australia. The other reason I haven't done it yet is because I really just can't be bothered. I'm seriously lacking motivation to do anything at the moment, so unpacking suitcases and organising things is the last thing I want to do (even though I know I'll feel a lot better for it). I haven't even done any study for about a week now, which is very bad *slaps wrist*. I guess I need to stop making excuses for myself and just get things done.

So many things have happened in the last few weeks, I don't even know where to begin. I want to blog about a few things individually but I thought it would be a good idea to mention everything in one post and expand on different things later on. So, here goes...

♥ Every day since I got here has felt like an adventure, but a few days after I arrived (after I had recovered from the jet lag) I went on a long walk along the river with my sweetheart. It was absolutely magical. (Individual post and photos to come!)

♥ I've spent a lot of time with Naomi, Joel's sister, since I got here (except for this week because I've been working, so I'm missing her!). Shopping, eating loads of delicious food, splurging on chocolate and sweets and making plans to see musicals together. Could it get any better?!

♥ I decided before I left Australia that while I'm here I'll try to push myself to do things I wouldn't normally do. From trying different foods (like Black Pudding) to experiencing new things (like going on scary rides - which I've done and will write a separate post on!). I'm trying to make the most of every day, no matter how scary it is sometimes.

♥ About a week after I got here, we got two adorable little Guinea Pigs! They are so cute and fluffy and I absolutely adore them.

♥ The house is still needs a bit of work done on it (we don't have a floor in the kitchen) and there are a lot of things we need (or I do at least) to make it feel more like a home. So it's been fun to look at house things and buy a few little things here and there. If anyone can suggest where to look for furniture that is decent and won't leave a hole in my purse, please let me know.

♥ The best thing about being here is just being around Joel. I'll admit it has been difficult to adjust - we've gone from being in a long-distance relationship for four and a half years to living together. To say it's been a bit of a shock to the system would be an understatement. But it has been amazing and I've never been happier.

That's just a few things that have made me happy over the last four weeks. There is so much I want to write about, and I'm so excited to put it all down on paper (so to speak).
I'm being very cheeky blogging at work, so I'd best be off.

Catch you soon!

xx






4 comments:

  1. Helo! i just wanted to bob on over and say a big thank you for your lovely comment on my last post, you're very kind! I am glad i cheered up your day. I am off to have a peep about your beautiful blog, have a lovely weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely!
      Thank you so much for your comment, it has made my day (and it's only 9am!) I have been reading your blog for a while now and I absolutely love it! You are wonderful, thank you for being you! xx

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    antonella:)

    ReplyDelete